Explore the vibrant world of colored pencils in this class for all levels of artistic skill. Learn about techniques for blending colors, using solvents, and creating compositions based on references.
Practice skills that you can use to create landscapes, portraits, still life and more in this versatile medium, plus get practice in drawing skills with graphite pencil. Each week, live demonstrations will cover drawing exercises to warm up with, and then studio practice with real-time guidance and feedback.
No previous drawing experience necessary, this basics class will give you the starting ground to take off with your imagination..
September 27 – December 6
Tuesdays, 11:00 am – 12:20 pm
Virtual on Zoom (join from anywhere!)
Register at Linn-Benton Community College
Suggested supplies: If you do not have some of these supplies at home, and it is difficult to get them you can get by with the materials you do have.
- Wax-based (recommended) colored pencils (instructor will primarily use Prismacolor and Faber-Castell; Crayola/ Rose Art, other brands are welcome)
- Colors: Prismacolor Premier 24 set 3597T plus, Cream (PC914), Cool Grey (PC1061), French Grey (PC1074)
- Water-soluble colored pencils, any brand (instructor will use Crayola watercolor pencils, Derwent Graphitint, and Derwent Inktense)
- Pencil sharpener
- Drawing pencil (any of 2B, 4H, 6H)
- Kneaded eraser
- Mineral spirits (Gamsol)
- Small watercolor brush
- X-Acto Knife
- Inexpensive watercolor paper pad (9×12 or 11 x 14) (such as Strathmore or Canson)
- Black and/or toned paper
- Optional: tissue, cotton swab, paper towel (can substitute for tortillon)
- Optional: Carbon transfer paper and tracing paper